The medieval village of Roquebrune to discover
Visit the centre of Roquebrune-sur-Argens
A village with colourful facades and narrow streets, Roquebrune-sur-Argens is known as a stage on the pilgrimage route to Santiago de Compostela. Every summer, Provençal traditions come to the heart of the village: dances, funfairs, children’s activities and fireworks. A historic and authentic destination, the centre of Roquebrune-sur-Argens will delight young and old alike.
Markets in Roquebrune-sur-Argens :
- Provencal market every Friday in the central village square
- Night market every Tuesday evening in July/August
Practical information: the village of Puget-sur-Argens is 8.3 kilometres (via the D7 and the N7) from our campsite in Roquebrune-sur-Argens.
Roquebrune has many things to do
The activities to do in Roquebrune-sur-Argens are endless! Water activities, cultural events, green tourism, here are some of the best activities to do during your stay at our campsite in Roquebrune-sur-Argens:
- visit the rock of Roquebrune-sur-Argens ;
- hiking the 3 Crosses of the Rock ;
- criss-crossing the lavender fields;
- taste olive oil at the Domaine de l’Olivette ;
- discover the Gorges du Verdon ;
- take the coastal path and watch the sunset;
- Jet Ski and boat rental activities on the Mediterranean Sea;
- nightlife in and around the area… discos… atmospheric bars… there’s something for everyone!
During your stay in the Var, take the opportunity to discover :
- Take part in a treasure hunt in the heart of the medieval village;
- the old Argens bridge;
- the numerous chapels and the washhouse of Roquebrune ;
- the parish church of Saint-Pierre-Saint-Paul;
- the old fountain and the Clock Tower;
- the Gallo-Roman fishpond;
- the house of prehistory.
Cultural visits in Roquebrune
Provence is full of visits and cultural activities to do:
- the House of Chocolate and Cocoa: a guided and gourmet visit;
- the magical world of orchids ;
- the old village of Roquebrune on a scooter;